Dengue in Delhi
Read more at Times of India
Guillain-Barre Syndrome emerge in Gujarat
Godhra town in Gujarats Panchmahal district has reported 12 cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome or GBS, a rare disease, a health official said on Thursday. These 12 cases were reported in a span of around a week and the district health administration has started surveillance of the entire Bhuravav area, where they were detected, to find out what led to the disease among locals, Chief District Health Officer CDHO, Dr Meenakshi Chauhan, said.
Read more at Dev Discourse
Foodborne illness outbreak at wedding in Rajasthan
Ninety-six people, including children, fell sick after consuming food served at a marriage function in Bikaner district’s Sridungargarh area on Tuesday evening, officials said.
They complained of pain in the abdomen and vomiting after consuming snacks, juice and other items at the function.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital for primary treatment, and nearly 24 of them were later admitted to the PBM Hospital, the officials said.
Read more at NDTV
- CDC issues dengue travel advisory for Timor-Leste, other South Asian countries
- Abbott recalls powder formulas after consumer complaints regarding Cronobacter sakazakii, Salmonella Newport
- Australia: Anthrax detected in sheep near Swan Hill
- Florida: Avian influenza confirmed in wild birds
- Rabies: Genomic surveillance helps prepare for outbreaks in bats
- Philippines: Avian influenza reported in birds in Bulacan and Pampanga
- Philippines: Ormoc City, Leyte declared African swine fever free
- Lassa fever in England: WHO details