The regional director of Health of Los Santos, Ayvar Hernández, confirmed the first case of
hantavirus in the province so far in 2022.
The patient is a 38-year-old woman from the village of Las Palmitas, in the district of Las Tablas, who was hospitalized on February 27 after two days with respiratory symptoms. She is currently stable.
According to Hernández, during 2021 all the cases of hantavirus registered in Los Santos were registered in Tonosí.
On February 11, the Ministry of Health reported the first death in the province of Blacksmith. It was an a 58-year-old woman from the community of El Jazmín.
- Costa Rica’s national plan in battle against vector-borne diseases
- West Virginia: First Case of Salmonella Likely Related to Recalled Powdered Infant Formula
- India Newswire: Dengue in Delhi, Guillain-Barre Syndrome in Gujarat
- Norovirus outbreak linked to Seattle area restaurant
- WHO announces 2022-2023 influenza season vaccine composition for the northern hemisphere
- Europe confirms more than 200 cases of extensively drug resistant Shigella sonnei infections