The Madagascar Tribune reports (computer translated):
The plague strikes very close to the capital. Approximately 75 km from Antananarivo in Ambohimiadana, Antsaharatsy, Ampanotokana commune, Ambohidratrimo district, three people died on Tuesday after being sick. Three other people had to be hospitalized, including a young man who was in critical condition.
Last week, the mother of one of the three recent victims passed away two days after the funeral of her husband who died in deplorable and worrying health circumstances. The mother of the family, despite suspicions of illness, was only buried three days after her death. The number of plague victims in this locality thus amounts to 5.
Reached by telephone, officials within the Ministry of Public Health said they had not been informed of the situation. The regional director of health in the region of Anamanga, was removed from office in the Council of Ministers, thus regretting not being able to give the slightest information on this situation in Ampanotokana. Current ministry officials say they want to investigate this information.
The symptoms and the circumstances in which the victims found themselves suggest that they suffered from the plague. Local medical authorities are also not authorized to communicate related information to the media. Nevertheless, the heads of the schools located in this village have decided to temporarily close the schools as a precaution.
- Yellow fever in Africa 2022: Vaccination coverage is insufficient
- South Kivu: Nearly 300 cases of cholera including 6 deaths recorded in one month in Ruzizi
- Russia: Measles outbreak reported in Samara region
- Ohio: Measles outbreak rises to 82, 90 percent unvaccinated
- Sweden reports dozens of Shigella infections linked to travel to Cape Verde
- Haiti: Confirmed cholera cases top 1,400
- Melioidosis cases in Hong Kong rise to 46 in 2022