By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In an update on the measles outbreak in Samoa, the Samoan government reported an additional 249 cases in the last 24 hours.
This brings the outbreak total to 2,686 measles cases to date.
An additional measles related death was reported, bringing the death tally to 33.
The Samoa Ministry of Health declared a measles outbreak on 16 October. There is widespread
community transmission, with the outbreak strain the same as that causing the current outbreak in New Zealand.
A state of emergency was declared on 15 November.
- Mumps: 5 more cases at the College of Charleston
- Hong Kong officials investigate measles case
- Doug Sauls’ Bar-B-Q & Seafood Linked to Salmonella Outbreak in Nashville, North Carolina
- Cruise outbreak: 133 sickened on Norwegian Cruises’, Norwegian Joy
- Tonga: Measles cases top 300
- Vietnam dengue fever: 242K cases reported to date
- Japan syphilis: 5,700 cases to date in 2019, Pregnant women with the STD
- University of Arkansas: 9 mumps cases reported, health advisory issued
- Philippines: Basilan child is country’s 8th polio case
- Cryptosporidium outbreak reported in Alpes-Maritimes, France