The Sri Lanka National Dengue Control Unit reported today that the country has reported 42,184 dengue fever cases. including 22 deaths through June 9.
This is a 1955% increase compared to the 2052 cases reported during the same period in 2022.
- Vietnam: 3 anthrax outbreaks reported in Dien Bien province
- UK officials: ‘We saw more gonorrhea diagnoses in 2022 than ever before’
- Philippines: Dr. Teodoro J. Herbosa appointed as secretary of the Department of Health
- Lithuania: Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in Kaunas district
- Texas reports 3 deaths in fungal meningitis outbreak linked to procedures performed in Mexico
- South Africa reports increase in influenza
- Colombia Ministry of Health monitors the outbreak of COVID-19 at the Universidad del Atlántico
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Sichuan province, China
- Indonesia: 11 deaths due to rabies reported through April 2023
- Taiwan reports first monkeypox (Mpox) case in a child
- Almost 3 in 10 of young kids may have malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Brazil: Nearly 200K confirmed dengue cases reported in Minas Gerais
- Illinois salmonella outbreak: 26 confirmed cases, Linked to ground beef