In a follow-up on the dengue fever situation in Vietnam this year, the Ministry of Health reports the case and death tally has increased to 314,271 cases and 115 deaths to date.
Officials forecast the situation of dengue fever will continue to develop complicatedly and tend to increase.
In order to strengthen epidemic prevention and control, to not let the epidemic spread and prolong, the Ministry of Health and proposed the Chairman of the People’s Committees of provinces and cities to pay attention to directing the following contents:
Assign specific responsibilities to authorities at all levels with the task of directing and mobilizing socio-political departments, agencies and organizations to coordinate with the health sector to immediately deploy the campaign to eliminate larvae/larvae, ensuring all All households in the epidemic and at-risk areas must be inspected and monitored for tanks, water containers, items, waste, breeding places of mosquitoes to conduct methods to kill mosquitoes.
The health sector implements strict supervision of the thorough handling of the local dengue outbreak. Organize chemical spraying of 100% of households in the outbreak area. Make sure to spray chemicals with the correct technique, evaluate the vector index before and after spraying to have a specific spray indication. Identify high-risk areas to organize active spraying of insecticides.
The Ministry of Health asked localities to direct the Department of Information and Communications, mass media agencies to coordinate with the Department of Health to strengthen communication on dengue epidemic prevention so that people can voluntarily take measures to prevent dengue fever. Preventive measures for individuals and communities, actively participating in the collection of waste items that cause water stagnation, where larva and mosquitoes grow, close the lid and release fish into the tank, utensils containing domestic water.
- Shingles associated with increased risk for stroke, heart attack: Study
- Australia: 3 new measles cases reported in Victoria
- Florida dengue: 7 additional local cases reported in Miami-Dade County
- Follow-up: Salmonella, Bacillus cereus detected in food samples in Nha Trang school outbreak
- Ethiopia cholera outbreak: Nearly 400 cases reported since August
- Ecuador: Measles case reported in Ibarra, Vaccination campaign activated
- Dominican Republic reports 2nd imported cholera case
- Brazil: More than 24 million doses of anti-rabies vaccines for dogs and cats distributed
- Indonesia reports polio case in Aceh Province