The Vietnam Ministry of Health said that in the week ending August 6, the whole country recorded nearly 8,800 cases of dengue fever, including 3 deaths.
Compared to the previous weeks, the number of cases last week showed signs of slowing down, although still at a high level.
Accumulated from the beginning of the year until now, the whole country has recorded 145,536 cases of dengue fever, 53 deaths. Compared to the same period in 2021, the number of cases increased by 3.3 times, the number of deaths increased by 39 cases.
Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong recorded the most deaths, 10 cases each, followed by Dong Nai and Binh Thuan with 5 cases/province, Tay Ninh (4 cases), Binh Phuoc (4 cases), the rest are scattered in some other provinces and cities such as Gia Lai, Dak Lak, Vinh Long, Bac Lieu and others.
- Brazil: Minas Gerais reports nearly 60,000 confirmed dengue cases
- Fiji update: Measles and Rubella
- Philippines dengue tally tops 90,000, More than double the 2021 numbers
- Dengue fever in Miami-Dade County, Florida: 3rd local transmission reported
- New South Wales: Two cases of meningococcal disease in people who attended the 2022 Splendour in the Grass festival