Dien Bien province in northwest Vietnam has recorded 3 diphtheria outbreaks with 6 cases, including 1 death. This has prompted the Department of Health of this province to issue the third phase of diphtheria vaccination plan in 2023.
Accordingly, from September 18 to September 30, 2023, it is expected that there will be 2,336 people from 7 years old to 20 years old in Pu Hong commune, Dien Bien Dong district and Huoi Mi commune,Muong Cha district, Dien Bien province is vaccinated against diphtheria.
To proactively prevent and avoid diphtheria for people, the Dien Bien Health sector recommends that people within the prescribed age group in Pu Hong commune, Dien Bien Dong district and Huoi Mi commune, Muong Cha district proactively get vaccinated. disease prevention according to the instructions of the Commune Health Station.
At the same time, direct specialized units to coordinate and focus on investigation and verification, and compile a list of people in close contact with the case; Collect medical samples from suspected cases and people in contact with cases.
Distributing antibiotics for preventive treatment to people in villages with infected cases, and environmental disinfection treatment; Actively communicate in many forms to help people proactively implement disease prevention and control measures.
- Dengue in Florida: 4 additional local cases reported in Miami-Dade County
- Canada: 3 residents part of botulism outbreak in France
- Nipah virus in Kerala update: ‘There hasn’t been a second wave’
- Italy locally transmitted dengue cases rise to 19
- California: Shigella outbreak investigated, Likely linked to Los Angeles hotel
- Texas reports additional animal anthrax cases in 2023
- South Dakota report 1st anthrax cases of 2023 in a Ziebach county beef herd
- Arkansas: Naegleria fowleri death reported, Linked to a Little Rock splash pad