The Minas Gerais State Health Secretariat (SES-MG) reports that as of 05/05/2023, 615 cases of Monkeypox, or Mpox have been confirmed by laboratory tests. Another 2,487 cases have been discarded and there are 81 suspected cases.
SES-MG confirms the fourth death by monkeypox in the state. The case was reported to the Center for Strategic Information on Health Surveillance (Cievs-MG) on 04/17/2023. The individual was a 41 year old male, residing in Ribeirão das Neves. He was admitted to Eduardo de Menezes Hospital and died on 04/17/2023.
The third death was reported on 10/24/2022. This is a 33-year-old man, residing in Divinópolis, with comorbidity.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
The second death was reported on 10/9/2022. This is a 21-year-old man, residing in Pouso Alegre, with comorbidity.
The first death was confirmed on 7/28. He is a 41-year-old man, residing in Belo Horizonte and born in Pará de Minas.
- Anthrax outbreak sickens 12, kills one in Odisha, India: Media report
- Mato Grosso do Sul reports 19 dengue deaths in first 4 months
- Mpox drug, tecovirimat, outcomes are similar regardless of HIV status
- DRC Cholera: more than 300 cases including 11 deaths notified in 2 weeks in Lubumbashi
- Brazil: Nearly 83K probable cases of dengue reported in Espírito Santo through April
- Philippines: Pertussis cases up 400%, one death reported in SOCCSKSARGEN
- Wales: Unusual Enterovirus cluster causing myocarditis in babies reported
- Spain: Trichinosis outbreak affects 16, Linked to wild boar