The Ministry of Health and Sports in Bolivia reported Wednesday the total accumulated cases of Coqueluche, or whooping cough in the country reached 255, of which 176 are up to 5 years old and 79 are older than that age range, 250 infected recovered, 3 remain active to date, 1 case happened today and 2 deaths were reported.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
In a follow-up on the dengue fever situation in the country, officials reported 64 new cases today, bringing the total to 1,074 cases in 2023 to date.
The department of Santa Cruz is the one with the highest number of infected, 721 in total, Beni 245, Tarija 47, La Paz 34, Pando 12, Chuquisaca 9 and Cochabamba 6.
The death toll stands at three.
- Pakistan: Wild poliovirus detected in an environmental sample in Lahore
- First patient has been dosed in the PHAGE clinical trial, evaluating bacteriophage therapy in adults with cystic fibrosis who carry Pseudomonas aeruginosa in their lungs
- Philippines reports increases in most infectious diseases in 2022
- Guinea Worm Disease: ‘We are heartened that eradication can be achieved soon,’ says former President Carter
- Bangladesh: Additional Nipah virus death reported in 2023
- Salmonella outbreaks linked to pet bearded dragons update
- Brazil: Norovirus linked to Florianópolis acute diarrhea epidemic