From 1 January – 28 July 2022, the Democratic Republic of the Congo reported 2,266 suspected including 163 confirmed cases from 116 health zones across 20 provinces. The most affected provinces in 2022 are Sankuru, Tshopo, Maniema, Tshuapa and Sud-Ubangi.
In 2022, from the beginning of the year to 10 July 2022, 1,021,535 suspected cases of typhoid fever including 471 deaths were recorded in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In all of 2021, 1,380,955 suspected cases of typhoid fever have been reported including 502 deaths (CFR 0.3%).
- Rhode Island reports Jamestown Canyon Virus case in Washington County
- California: St. Louis Encephalitis case reported in Tulare County
- Lyme disease has experienced notable growth in the United States over the past 15 years: Study
- Iraq reports more Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases/deaths
- Bolivia: Of every 10 pregnant women, 2 test positive for Chagas in Tarija
- Vibrio cholera linked to Davao City diarrhea outbreak
- Japan set to report record syphilis cases in 2022
- Philippines dengue death toll tops 300 in 2022
- Monkeypox: Survey finds 1 in 5 Americans fear contracting it, Little known about it