The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea reports an additional confirmed Marburg Virus Disease (MVD) case in Bata, bringing the total confirmed cases nationally to 17 and the 11th confirmed case in Bata.
The number of MVD deaths in confirmed cases has risen to 12 (CFR 70.5%).
This brings the total deaths to 35 –12 laboratory confirmed and 23 deaths in probable cases.
The MVD outbreak was declared in the country on 13 February 2023.
- Paraguay reports decrease in chikungunya cases in recent weeks, Death toll tops 100
- Universal Influenza Candidate Vaccine Performs Well in Phase 1 Trial
- Argentina dengue outbreak tops 56,000 cases
- CDC issues travel notice for Costa Rica due to malaria outbreak
- Philippines: Measles cases top 300 in first three months of 2023
- Philippines: 1st rabies death in Iloilo reported
- Measles case confirmed in American Samoa
- Costa Rica sees simultaneous autochthonous circulation of the four dengue serotypes in the country for the first time
- Monkeypox in Asia: A look at 4 countries
- Indonesia reports polio case in West Java child