Public Health France reports as of Tuesday, July 26, 1,837 confirmed cases have been identified in France. The cases most frequently resided in Ile-de-France (781 cases, i.e. 55% of cases whose region of residence is known), in Occitanie (151 cases, i.e. 11%) and in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (150 cases, i.e. 10%).
All cases identified to date are adult males (>99%) except 12 adult females and 2 children. Adult cases have a median age of 36; 25% of adult cases are under 30 years old and 25% are between 43 and 84 years old.
Among the cases investigated, 76% presented a genito-anal rash, 72% an eruption on another part of the body, 76% a fever and 73% lymphadenopathy.
Forty cases (3.0%) were hospitalized because of their Monkeypox virus infection, including 34 (2.7%) for complications related to this diagnosis. No cases died.
Most of the cases questioned declare that they cannot identify the person who allegedly infected them; 255 are secondary cases, ie reporting having been in contact with a case of monkeypox in the three weeks preceding the onset of symptoms.
Faced with the spread of the Monkeypox virus (monkey pox), the High Authority for Health, seized by the Directorate General for Health, recommended in its opinion of July 7, 2022 that preventive vaccination be offered to the groups most exposed to the virus. .
Regarding the deployment of vaccination, 32,486 doses of 3rd generation vaccine were delivered by the Agency to the territories on 07/27/2022.
Since July 11, 2022, in addition to people who have had risky contact with a sick person, people falling within the indications retained by the HAS can make an appointment to be vaccinated throughout France:
- Men who have sex with men reporting multiple sex partners.
- Trans people reporting multiple sexual partners.
- sex workers.
- Professionals working in places of sexual consumption.
Vaccination can also be considered on a case-by-case basis for health professionals who have to take care of sick people.
- Ho Chi Minh City reports 294% increase in dengue fever cases in 2022
- Acute hepatitis cases of unknown origin in children linked to adeno-associated virus 2: Studies
- Brazil: Monkeypox situation ‘is very worrying’
- Colorado confirms first anthrax cases in cattle since 2012
- Alabama: 4 vibriosis cases reported in Mobile County year to date
- Ukraine: 3,533 rotavirus cases reported in first six months of 2022
- Norway monkeypox risk assessment: ‘A very small probability of an epidemic of monkeypox in the general population’