In a follow-up on the report of Lassa fever in Ghana, the Ghana Health Service reports 12 additional Lassa fever cases who were close contacts of the initial cases.
This brings the total to 14 confirmed cases in the current outbreak. One death has been recorded.
The 13 surviving cases are in stable condition and being managed by designated health facilities.
97 contacts have been identified.
- Salmonella outbreak linked to Florida raw oysters
- China reports human avian influenza A(H5N6) case in Guangdong
- Dengue in Bolivia update: More than 11,000 cases, 33 deaths
- Philippines reports 100 measles cases in 2023 to date, a 900% increase compared to last year
- Latvia: Two patients at the Latvian Cancer Center diagnosed with Legionnaires’ disease
- Brazil: Dengue, chikungunya and Zika in Minas Gerais during the 1st eight weeks of 2023
- Mozambique commences cholera vaccination drive as outbreak tops 5,000 cases
- Hungary reports two Zika virus infections in travelers to Thailand
- Philippines: ‘Rising cases of amebiasis’ in San Carlos City prompts State of health of emergency declaration