By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director, Dr Robert Redfield announced today the first person-to-person novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the United States.
The case, from Chicago, Illinois, is the husband of the first novel coronavirus case in the state. The patient did not travel to Wuhan, China. He is currently in stable condition.
This is the sixth confirmed case in the US.
The Illinois Department of Health reports aggressively investigating contacts.
- Drs. Fauci, Redfield on the President’s Coronavirus Task Force
- Japan, France report additional novel coronavirus cases
- MERS coronavirus: Certain licensed drugs part of new treatment strategy
- Philippines reports 1st novel coronavirus case, China death toll rises to 170, 1st case in Tibet
- Bangkok most at risk from a global spread of novel coronavirus: Study
- Finland reports 1st imported novel coronavirus case
- Malaysia records 3 additional novel coronavirus cases, China case count nears 6000
- Canada: 1st confirmed 2019-nCoV in British Columbia
- Germany reports 3 additional novel coronavirus cases in Bavaria