By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Japanese Ministry of Health reported (computer translated) a case of the novel coronavirus in Kanagawa Prefecture.
The individual recently traveled to Wuhan City, Hubei province, China.
The patient, a 30 year old man, presented with symptoms of fever since returning from Wuhan and was hospitalized on Jan. 10. He recovered and was discharged on Wednesday.
He reportedly did not visit the Huanan South China Seafood Market, which is linked to most cases.
According to the WHO and National Institute of Infectious Diseases risk assessments of new coronavirus-associated pneumonia, there are currently cases in which the possibility of limited human-to-human transmission of this disease, including among families, cannot be ruled out However, there is no clear evidence of sustained human-to-human transmission. It is important to take regular infection control measures such as cough etiquette and hand washing, taking into account the cold and flu season.
- Japan reports more than 6500 syphilis cases in 2019
- Brazil: Dengue cases up 318 percent in Piauí state last year
- Dengue in Yemen: The latest infectious disease epidemic
- Philippines polio case count is 11, country affected by both cVDPV1 and cVDPV2
- Australia: Dangerous amoeba prompts closure of Serpentine Falls
- Thailand novel coronavirus: WHO with more details