Today is the beginning of Medical Laboratory Professionals Week (MLPW) 2017. This week, April 23-29, provides the profession with a unique opportunity to increase public understanding of and appreciation for clinical laboratory personnel and the vital role they play in every aspect of health care.
On today’s show we put together a great panel to discuss the ins-and-outs of the profession so people listening–friends, family, the public and even fellow colleagues in the health care setting know what we do and our critical importance in health care.
I am honored to have the following laboratory professionals on the show:
- Suzanne Campbell, PhD, MLS(ASCP)CM, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) President and Dean of Allied Health and Director of Medical Laboratory Technology Program at Seward County Community College
- Stephanie Noblit, MLS (ASCP)CM, Medical Laboratory Scientist- Medical Toxicology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, ASCLS Mentorship Committee (ad hoc)- Chair and Government Action Committee- Board Member
- Jazmen Myers, MLS (ASCP)CM, Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas, Microbiology and Special Procedures Laboratory, ASCLS New Professional and New Member Director
- Rodney E. Rohde, PhD, MS, SV, SM(ASCP) CMMBCM, Associate Dean for Research, College of Health Professions and Chair & Professor, Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) at Texas State University and President, Texas Association for CLS
Over the course of the show we discuss the role of the medical laboratory professional, the education, their role in the organization and more.
LISTEN to the panel interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Medical Laboratory Professionals SAVE LIVES every day, but do you know who we are?
- Saving Lives in the Shadows of Healthcare
Other interviews of interest:
- Chagas disease: An interview with Patricia Dorn, PhD
- Mumps: Canada, the virus and the vaccine and why the comeback
- Baylisascaris: An interview with Dr. Kevin Kazacos
- Medical Laboratory Professionals: Current issues, Future outlook
- Dr. Peter Hotez discusses his new book, ‘Blue Marble Health’
- Lyme disease expert talks diagnosis, treatment and ‘chronic Lyme’
- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism: An interview with Dr. Jack Ansell
- Leprosy: An interview with Dr Richard Truman
- Zika virus: An interview with Dr Scott Weaver
One thought on “Lab Week 2017: A discussion panel”
I know the show is over but can you discuss with Montefiore hospital the role of the medical laboratory professional, the education and their role in the organization. That establishment has forgotten. For the past 6 years lab techs have not gotten anything.