The Ministry of Health (Minsa) , through the National Center for the Supply of Strategic Health Resources (Cenares) , distributed 10,730 tests to health establishments in the Piura region, for timely detection of dengue and chikungunya, due to the presence of the transmitting mosquito Aedes aegypti in this area of the country.
According to Cenares, last Friday, May 5, 3,050 units of rapid tests were distributed for the timely detection of dengue cases and 7,680 Elisa tests (molecular type) for the detection of chikungunya. The objective is to strengthen the epidemiological fence and prevent the spread of these diseases in Piura.
“Minsa and Cenares do hard work to deal with these diseases in Piura. We are in constant communication with the Diresa to provide the medicines that are necessary to care for the affected patients”, reported Ana Carmela Vásquez, general director of Cenares.
On the other hand, the Ministry of Health carries out actions against dengue, such as informative talks to avoid mosquito breeding sites in homes, as well as fumigation campaigns against the disease that are carried out in various Piura districts in coordination with the central government. regional and local.
“It is important that families allow health personnel to enter their homes to carry out these actions that can save their lives,” he said.
To date, 15,043 test units for the detection of dengue have been distributed in Peru and 21,216 Elisa test units (molecular type) have been delivered for the detection of chikungunya. Counting on what was delivered to the Piura region, a total of 46,989 tests have been distributed for the timely detection of these diseases to all health establishments nationwide.
- Peru: Dengue outbreak emergency declaration extended, Includes 20 regions
- New Murray Valley encephalitis case reported in Western Australia
- Pakistan: Wild poliovirus detected in sewage samples from Peshawar and Hangu
- Taiwan reports 1st Japanese encephalitis case, imported Zika cases of 2023
- Costa Rica: Malaria’s decline in Huetar Caribbean Region, Dengue work in Sarapiquí and Río Cuarto
- Diphtheria death reported in Dien Bien province, Vietnam; First case in the province in many years
- Maine reports record number of Lyme disease cases in 2022
- Marburg virus disease situation update from WHO