By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The South Africa National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) reported three cases of human rabies, all in children, in the past month. These cases were reported from the Eastern Cape (EC) (2) and KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) (1) provinces.
The cases include a 2-year-old boy from Empangeni, King Cetshwayo District (KZN), an 11-year-old boy from Mdantsane, Buffalo City Metro District (EC) and a 5-year-old boy from Gqeberha, Nelson Mandela Metro Municipality (EC). At least two are known dog bites.
Through October 25, eleven laboratory confirmed human rabies cases have been reported in 2021–Eastern Cape (5), KZN (3) and Limpopo (3). In addition, three probable cases were reported from KZN and a suspected case from Limpopo province.
- South Africa reports 1st Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever case of 2021
- DRC Ebola outbreak rises to 8 cases, 6 deaths
- India Newswire: Zika in UP, Kyasanur Forest disease in Kerala and Anthrax in Telangana
- Japan: Tokyo reports lowest COVID-19 case count of the year
- Delaware reports 1st flu cases of the season
- China: Another H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Hunan Province
- Iowa reports increase in congenital syphilis
- India: Delhi dengue cases top 1500, Hospitals face bed shortage
- Philippines record 3400 new COVID-19 cases, 27 million people fully vaccinated