Last week, we reported on the unusual situation of two locally acquired hantavirus cases in King County, Washington during the past four months. The husband of the Redmond hantavirus survivor contacted and introduced me to his news website, HantaSite.com , which he set up in response to his wife’s case and to document his investigations and theories concerning hantavirus in the Seattle area and transmission of the virus.
Mark Waterbury, PhD (materials science) joined me on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show to discuss his wife’s recovery and his dealings with local health authorities.
In addition, as is being outlined in HantaSite.com, Mark discusses “hantavirus hotspots” in the area and a most interesting theory on how his wife and others may have contracted Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)–via the Cabin Air Systems of automobiles.
LISTEN to the interview below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Hantavirus and tularemia: Discussions with two prominent Public Health Veterinarians
- Chagas disease: An interview with Patricia Dorn, PhD
- Avian influenza and the Top Five Epidemic Risk Factors for 2017
- Podcast: Dr Rodney Rohde discusses Medical Laboratory Science for the hour
- Mumps: An interview with Dr Dirk Haselow
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Zika virus: A virologist’s viewpoint
- Blood Clots: An interview with Dr. Jack Ansell