Since October 2017, the Republic of Serbia has reported a total of 5715 cases of measles through Aug 10, of which, 2875 were laboratory confirmed at the Torlak Institute.
In addition, the total number of registered deaths due to complications caused by measles is 15.
The majority of patients (94%) are non-vaccinated, incomplete vaccinated or unknown vaccine status.
Out of the total number of patients, 33 percent were hospitalized or hospitalization is ongoing. Of the severe complications of measles, inflammation of the brain (encephalitis) was reported in two and pneumonia occurred in 577 patients.
- Dengue fever infects 6,300 people in Reunion
- Measles case confirmed in Pinellas County, Florida
- Vaccines: Kaiser Permanente study finds Tdap vaccination for pregnant women does not increase risk of autism
- Sweden: Measles case reported in Stockholm
- Romania reports human West Nile virus death
- Guinea worm infection reported in Angola: WHO
- Milwaukee women loses life due to Capnocytophaga infection
- Ebola update: 49 confirmed and probable cases
- Spain: Locally acquired Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever case reported in Castile and León