By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
At least 208 patients were hospitalized in 24 hours preceding 8:00 am today, of whom 35 are from outside Dhaka, according to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
With the new cases, a total of 1,347 people were diagnosed during this month out of a total 19,544 infected. Of the total infected, 2562 are from outside Dhaka.
According to the DGHS 73 people died of dengue infection in the country this year, all of whom died between July, August, September and October.
Climate change to worsen dengue situation in Bangladesh
Bangladesh will witness a more drastic appearance of climate change which will worsen the dengue outbreak in the upcoming years, says a recent report by the World Bank.
In its Climate Afflictions Report 2021, the multilateral agency said that it found a link between the shifting climatic conditions and increase in respiratory, waterborne, and mosquito-borne diseases as well as mental health issues.
- Vietnam COVID-19 total tops 800K, 49% of people received 1st dose
- Measles in the Americas: Confirmed cases in Brazil and the US
- Merck plans to submit for EUA for COVID-19 pill, molnupiravir
- Finland reports 71% of eligible population vaccinated against COVID-19
- Nigeria outbreaks: Cholera deaths top 3,000, More Lassa fever, No monkeypox in September
- Metro Manila: COVID-19 cases dropping, 75% fully vaccinated