According to Italian Health authorities, there are 27 confirmed cases of Dengue transmitted locally in Italy aeen reported nd notified as of 18 September 2023.
These cases refer to three unconnected transmission episodes in the province of Lodi (21 confirmed cases), in the province of Latina (2 cases) and in the province of Rome (4 cases with exposures in different parts of the metropolitan city of Rome for which investigations are underway to verify any epidemiological links).
All cases have recovered or are improving.
In addition, 181 travel associated dengue cases have been reported in Italy.
- Cholera: Cases more than double in 2022, 44 countries reported cases
- Paraguay reports an increase in dengue in eight health regions, Chikungunya continues decline
- Bolivia: 14 hantavirus cases confirmed this year
- Montana reports a variant H1N1 (H1N2v) infection, 3rd human ‘swine flu’ case of 2023
- Diphtheria outbreaks prompt travel warnings for Nigeria, Guinea and Vietnam
- DR Congo: More than 10,000 cases of tuberculosis have been recorded in the province of South Kivu during 2022
- Measles case reported in southwest Idaho
- Chikungunya: Philippines reports more than 1400 cases to date, a 213% increase
- Philippines: Leptospirosis cases up 70 percent in 2023, Nearly nine out of 10 cases in males
- Aeromonas skin infections outbreak linked to Tough Mudder adventure race at Sonoma Raceway