New Outbreak in Haeju
According to the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) today, the Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un has sent medicines from his private stash to the Haeju Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea in South Hwanghae Province on June 15 in connection with the outbreak of a rapid growth-resistant infectious disease in Haeju, South Hwanghae Province.
KCNA didn’t specify on exactly what the outbreak is and the number of people infected.
According to a report in state-run Rodong Sinmun, from 18:00 on June 14 to 18:00 on June 15, there were 26,010 new cases of fever, 32,090 recovered, and one died.
From the end of April to June 15, at 18:00, the total number of sick people nationwide was 4,558,260, 98.984%, or 4,51,950, fully recovered, and 1.014%, or 46,230, receiving treatment. .
The total number of deaths so far is 73, and the fatality rate is 0.002%.
- São Paulo confirms third case of monkeypox in the Brazilian state, Fiocruz laboratory named a monkeypox reference lab
- Ukraine reports 6 botulism cases since beginning of the week
- Monkeypox cases in England top 500, WHO to assess if it’s a public health emergency of international concern
- Germany: Borna virus detected in Bavaria
- More than 1,000 genes linked to the development of severe COVID-19: International research team
- Philippines: Nearly 1,300 dengue cases reported on Leyte island
- Davao City confirms chikungunya cases, Intensifies mosquito control efforts
- Brazil dengue death toll tops 500 this year
- Vietnam reports more than 52,000 dengue fever cases, Increasing day by day