In the Philippines, 102,619 dengue cases were reported from January 1 to July 30 this year, 131 percent higher than the number in the same period in 2021.
Joining me today to discuss dengue fever and the situation in the Philippines is Edsel Maurice Salvana, MD.
Dr. Salvana is the Director, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology at the University of the Philippines and he’s a renown infectious disease expert.
Watch the interview:
Or listen to the audio:
- West Virginia sees three human H3N2v virus cases, Linked to County Fair
- Measles outbreak in Liberia has been escalating
- Local dengue transmission in France, 2nd case in 2022
- Measles: Local transmission case investigated in Hong Kong
- Spain confirms two CCHF cases in León
- Research: Human-to-dog transmission of monkeypox virus, Bat SAR-CoV spillovers
- New York City: Testing of sewersheds indicate presence of polioviruses in the city
- Norway: Salmonella outbreak linked to watermelon