While they monitor about 100 different outbreak events around the world at any given time, Chief Scientific Officer for Metabiota, a California based provider of epidemic risk analytics, Eddy Rubin MD, PhD joined me on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show to discuss the measles outbreak in Europe that has affected thousands this year to give his analysis.
In addition, when asked about which current outbreaks he is “keeping an eye on”, Dr Rubin went on to talk about two–the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the H7N9 avian influenza outbreak in China.
Lastly, Rubin talked about the global disease surveillance network, USAID PREDICT, which Metabiota is a partner.
Other interviews with Dr Rubin: Avian influenza and the Top Five Epidemic Risk Factors for 2017
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
LISTEN to the interview below:
LISTEN to related interviews:
- Antibiotic resistant bacterial infection, bacteriophage therapy and an amazing story
- Dr. Mike Osterholm discusses infectious diseases and his new book ‘Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs’
- Chagas disease: An interview with Patricia Dorn, PhD
- Treating recurrent C. diff with freeze-dried FMT: An interview with Dr Herbert DuPont
- Vaccines, the WI-38 cell strain and 10 million lives saved: A conversation with Dr. Leonard Hayflick
- Baylisascaris: An interview with Dr. Kevin Kazacos
- Leprosy research to look at the role of ticks as vectors of disease
- Lyme disease expert talks diagnosis, treatment and ‘chronic Lyme’
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Amoeba awareness: Naegleria fowleri
- Vaccines: An interview with Dr. Paul Offit