In a follow-up on an earlier report, provincial Minister of Health in Sud-Ubangi, in the north-west of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malachie Adugbia Likundu said more than 300 measles cases have been recorded in in the health zone of Budjala.
In addition, the cases of measles recorded in the health zone of Budjala are distributed in 6 health structures namely: Kengele 142 cases, Bishopric 60 cases, Ngwenze 16 cases, Tamonzombe 89 cases, Kutu 18 cases and finally 32 cases at Budjala General Referral Hospital. This makes a total of 357 cases of this epidemic in the said health zone.
As a reminder, arrangements are underway to launch the measles vaccination campaign in the province of Sud-Ubangi precisely in the affected health zones to protect the population against this epidemic.
Measles has resurfaced in 4 of the 16 health zones in Sud-Ubangi province. These are the health zones of Gemena, Budjala, Bulu and Ndage.
- Lassa fever reported in England, First cases reported in over a decade
- Indiana: Highly pathogenic avian influenza reported in Dubois County commercial turkey flock
- DRC reports 387 African sleeping sickness cases in 2021, Cases reported in most provinces
- Minnesota to be first to screen all newborns for congenital cytomegalovirus
- Hanoi reports more than 2,900 COVID-19 new cases, Other news in Vietnam
- Philippines: Davao Oriental cholera outbreak sickens nearly 500, 6 died
- England: Additional ceftriaxone resistant gonorrhea cases reported