In a follow-up on the dengue fever epidemic in Vietnam, officials reported 10,000 dengue fever cases in the past week, bringing the country total for 2022 to 113,400.
Two additional fatalities were also reported. The death toll now stands at 39.
Compared to the previous week, the number of dengue fever cases this week decreased by about 1,000 cases (the week from July 4-11 increased by about 11,000 cases).
The Ministry of Health predicts that dengue cases may increase and may explode on a large scale if not drastic measures are taken to prevent and control the disease.
- Afghanistan measles outbreak: Cases decreasing
- Colorado: Prairie dog tests positive for plague in Western La Plata County
- Nigeria monkeypox cases top 100 this year, Highest since reemergence in 2017
- Leptospirosis linked to deadly outbreak in Lindi, Tanzania
- Measles vaccination is below target in Brazil, Less than 50% of children have been immunized
- Cuba reports rise in dengue, Serotypes 1,2 and 3 circulating
- Florida: 1st local dengue fever case of year reported in Miami-Dade County
- Madagascar reports more than 500K malaria cases in first five months of 2022
- Uganda reports 200 suspected yellow fever cases in 2022
- Marburg virus disease outbreak declared in Ghana for first time